Top 10 Amazing Race Team Building Activities
09 March 2023 · 6 min read
The demand for Amazing Race team building activities is here to stay. We know our customers love them. They are fun, competitive and uniting. You can choose for them to be indoors or outdoors. Therefore, it’s no surprise that they will be great hit with your team.
We have seen how successful they are and how much our customers enjoy them. So we have pulled some useful information. Therefore, this is sure to help when you are organising your next event.
This team building activity originated from the reality TV show. Teams need to move to new destinations to complete challenges. You are in competition with other teams. On the TV show teams are eliminated if they are the last team of the day to reach the checkpoint. However, amazing race corporate team building activities have all teams competing for the entire time frame. Throughout the event, teams need to follow clues, and complete challenges. It is not always the fastest team that wins, but how many and how well you have done the challenged along the way.
Further Amazing Race Team Building Activity Ideas are found in an article in Onsite.fun.
Amazing race activities for team building are one of our most popular team building activities. There is a good reason for that. Firstly, it enhances the skills you want from your corporate team. The most common are speed, efficiency, conversation, competition, trust, delegation. (It’s the most fun you have ever had with your colleagues.) Thus, it’s time to grab your corporate team. Together you can race around Australia’s beautiful cities.
Moreover, there is a difference between competitive and collaborative events. They have different outcomes.
Some benefits you will develop include:
• Team bonding
What’s more, amazing race games team building activities are great for your team. Your team will build the most basic qualities of a successful team. Furthermore, they won’t even realise it.
Amazing Race Team Building Activities ideas are based on the American adventure reality show. Also, races are split into legs – with each leg requiring teams to deduce clues and navigate through challenges. Also, you can read more about the development of the concept of Amazing Race Activities for Team Building.
Moreover, the amazing races can be app-based or paper based. Some amazing races use public transport. Some others need you to drive your car. However, mostly you will be on foot. Likewise, there are loads of options, and you can choose the one that suits you. Thus, it all depends on which race you choose. Also, we have plenty to choose from.
Although, some amazing race events include roadblocks, delays. Some even have a chance to sabotage another team. Plus, there are many twists and turns. Your team needs to work together. If you have a shared vision, they can celebrate each individual win. Your aim is to be the winner at the end.
The amazing race games team building activities are not only fun and active. Further, they have great outcomes.
Also, your team may not even realise just how many skills they are using. This is discussed further in an article – 10 Reason Highlighting The Importance of Team Building.
However, we said it is competitive and not collaborative. Well that’s not exactly correct. It is both. Teams will collaborate together. They will try to get the best results possible, working together to do it. And of course, come out as a winner. But the need to collaborate comes from competition. What does that mean? Just like the game show, participants are broken into teams. Moreover, participants need to collaborate in an amazing race. Teams work together to solve challenges and locate checkpoints. They then move onto the next location to achieve the goals.
Besides, the amazing race is designed for everyone. It’s not about the fastest. It’s about who can solve the clues, build things, interact with the public. In addition, they need to complete many other challenges. Therefore, the amazing race team building really does have something for everyone.
Lastly, amazing races offer friendly competition to improve your skills. This activity will push you and your team out of their comfort zones. It is a team-based exercise that encourages you to work with one another and increase efficiency. Everyone is encouraged to contribute. Working together as one will make your team great. These are skills you can take back to the office.
We have so many Amazing Race Team Building Activity ideas that it is hard to pick just 10! Here, in no particular order, are our favourite top 10 Amazing Race options.
Likewise, Amazing Race games for Team Building in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth Canberra and Adelaide are extremely popular. However, did you know the amazing race can be run in different locations? The flexibility of the event means they can be run just about anywhere. Additionally, you can choose during the day or afternoon. Although, for safety, races are not run after dark.
Additionally, the amazing race is a fantastic way to get outside and see our cities. It is a great event for your interstate or overseas corporate group. They will see many of the city’s highlights and bond with the team in such a memorable way.
Finally, there are many Amazing Race options to customise to your company’s requirements. For example, start time and location, duration, objective met and even designing the race. Then, it can suit your business values and objectives specifically.
Click for our full Amazing Race Games Team Building Activities Category. We also have a couple of Charity Amazing races. Your team will enjoy an Amazing Race Activity for their team building, and give back to the community. Amazing Race options are also great for Christmas parties.
Also, it is an option to emphasise what you would like to get out of your amazing race. Some things you can look at are:
• Customising for key outcomes
• Competitive fun and collaboration
• Opportunity to get different teams together
• New skills
• Risk taking
• Time Management
Most Amazing Race Team Building Activities can be customised to meet your needs, location and budget. Lastly, let us know if you would like your Amazing Race Corporate Team Building Activity customised when you request a quote.
Many Amazing Race challenges are similar to Scavenger hunts. They can be held indoors if required. We have a couple of great Virtual Amazing race options if your team is spread out.
Facilitated Amazing Race Games Team Building Activities are run by professional Team Building companies. They know what activities work and how to get all team members included. Thus, you just turn up and everything is run professionally for you. However, if you would like to make your own Amazing Race we have found a resource for you.
Further, to play The Amazing Race in your office, you will need to create challenges that inspire teamwork, cooperation, and collaborative. It is best to create a course that includes roughly four or five challenges. Further, if you have time constraints, prepare areas with separate tasks and challenges. That way people do not need to wait to move onto the next activity.
Firstly, team Building Activities are an integral component of building and developing your team. We have written an in-depth article – Ultimate Guide to Team Building Activities for just that purpose. By the end of it you will be an expert and know all the advantages, drawbacks, common mistakes. Secondly, it will guide you to organise an amazing Team Building Activity. We share resources and our extensive knowledge and experience. This will be helpful for organising corporate team building activities.
Thirdly, Team Building Made Easy is a brokerage service. It allows us to have many amazing race options. Contact us, and we can help you find the right one.
Finally, we pride ourselves in offering tailor made experiences. We want to help you get the most out of your amazing race. Please feel free to get in touch and have a chat. We will find out what you want from your amazing race team building activities. Thus, we will help you find the right one. That is, the one that meets your outcomes, your location and your budget.
Again, get in touch today!
The minimum number would be around 8. There is no maximum number. You are usually broken up into smaller teams of 4-6 people.
Most of our Amazing Races are held in CBD areas. However, we have a number of options that can be tailored to where ever you would like to hold your event. This also includes inside options, options at resorts and a virtual amazing race online.
All of our Amazing Race activities are tailored for Corporate Groups. This takes into account that everybody's fitness levels are different. You do not need to run to complete the Amazing Race - it is fine to walk. The challenges are mostly problem solving and do not require high physical exertion or fitness.
The usual length of an Amazing Race is 2-3 hours. The average being 2.5 hours. This is the best length for people to be able to complete a number of challenges, but also not start to get bored or tired.
The time frame can be customised. For example if you only have 1.5 hours it is still very doable.
All of our amazing races are made for corporate groups. That is we realise everyones fitness levels are different. No running is required, and it is not always the fastest team that wins. Most of the challenges are problem solving based - not physical challenges. The races do require you to be able to walk a few km's.
No. By using the services of Team Building Made Easy, you will not be charged any hidden costs or charges. We have arrangements in place with all our listed providers to ensure they quote to us as they would quote directly to you the user if you were to go to them directly.
1. Team Building Made Easy Pty Ltd is a booking agent for companies that provide team building activities. Team Building Made Easy Pty Ltd is not the provider of these activities.
2. When you book an activity through Team Building Made Easy you are purchasing a credit for team building to the value of that booking. Subject to these terms and conditions you may use that credit for any team building activity available through Team Building Made Easy.
3. Bookings must be confirmed in writing by either signing and returning the Team Building Made Easy quote or by replying to the email containing the quote and clearly stating you wish to proceed with the team building activity as quoted.
4. Once you return a confirmation by the means listed in item 3 you are committed to that booking and subject to these terms and conditions.
5. Payment must be made at the time of booking.
6. Payment may be made by Direct Deposit, Company Cheque, Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
a) Payments made by Visa, Mastercard will incur a surcharge of 1.92% plus GST and for American Express it is 3.4% plus GST
7. Some Providers have specific Terms and Conditions which are in addition to these Terms and Conditions and are outlined in your quote. In the event of a conflict between these Terms and Conditions and Provider Terms and Conditions the Provider Terms and Conditions will have precedence.
8. As a booking agent for companies providing team building activities Team Building Made Easy will not be responsible for any loss, injury or damage incurred or suffered by any participants during an activity.
9. Where any liability is transmitted through a point of law to Team Building Made Easy then the maximum aggregate liability of the Team Building Made Easy, its directors, employees, agents and servants for all claims under or relating to this contract or its subject matter is limited to an amount equal to the Fees paid by the customer under this Contract.
10. Should any dispute arise from an activity then as a booking agent for companies providing team building activities Team Building Made Easy will use its best endeavours to help you resolve the dispute with the provider. Please note however that as a booking agent we do not have direct control over the provider and as provided for in clause 10 of these terms and conditions any dispute and or refund will be based on the provisions of the Provider’s contract
11. Team Building Made Easy reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.